Followers

Sunday 23 April 2017

A Wiz of a Guy



Happy Sunday Everyone how’s your weekend going. We have Birthday celebrations under way as its Amy’s Birthday on Tuesday I can’t believe how fast the time has gone 25 years ago she was a little bundle of joy and now she has grown into a beautiful young woman.
Anyway I have a card to share to today. I don’t know if you remember (those that follow me on FB) I did a WIP of this guy a few weeks ago, I was asked what I what going to do with it once it was complete would I be making it into a Birthday card. I said more than likely yes so someone said could I have it for someone I know. (No pressure then to make a spot on card)

Anyway this is what I came up with the card is 8x8” and the papers are from Pixel scrapper and have been distressed and inked with DI. I added some cheese cloth to give some texture.

The image was coloured with polychromo pencils,  then I  used some pale greys to create the background I was so nervous not to cock the background up after all that colouring (Don’t know why but I really love colouring this chappy)
To embellish the card I did what I love to do and made them from scratch
The scroll opens up and has a spell on it I made it but printing off the spell then aging the paper I got a skewer stick and cut lengths off to make the handles (or whatever you call then) then added some craft wire to the ends and then painted with gold/bronze ink , I glued the paper in place then rolled it down, I add some thread to the back so that when it is fully rolled it can be tied (but can still be opened).
  Then I made the book I got a cover that looked old and printed this off along with a back piece then printed a couple of spells to go in the centre. I aged the pages with Distress inks and then cut out loads of pages sticking them together but leaving the middle pages open then glued into the cover.
Finally it was the magic potion I got a glass bottle added some glossy accent and alcohol inks and glitter and swirled around the bottle let it dry for a bit (it doesn’t dry completely so gives the effect that there is more in than there actually is) and added a tag to the neck .
Last but least I made the insert in my usual way unfortunately I don’t have a picture of the insert as it was on my old PC and I couldn’t retrieve it L. But you have seen how I make my inserts loads of times.
And there you have it I do hope you like it and I will see you very soon with my Birthday card for Amy J










Happy Crafting
Jacki xx

7 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Not only is the coloring fabulous but all the perfect embellishments add to the theme so well. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Cards By MI said...

Smashing card with lovely colouring and card design. Thanks for joining our sentimental challenge over at the Paper Shelter.
Love n hugs
Marie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW WOW WOW Jacki, this is AWESOME, FABULOUS colouring and altogther FABULOUS card. I LOVE it. You have Wonderful imagination to put this together,
Faith
x

Melissa Czapor said...

Great work! Thanks for joining us at SheepSki Designs!!

Sarah said...

Wowser!! There are so many awesome details in this card. I love that you put so much thought into every piece. Fab colouring too. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

Jean said...

Oh wow this is stunning, just love this image and all the extra details, totally amazing.
Thanks for joining us a Sheep Ski Designs for our 1ST blog challenge. Hope to see you again.
Jean XX

Nela said...

Hi, gorgeous card, lovely colouring!
Thank you so much for joining us at MO's Digital Pencil!
Nela xx