Followers

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Live your dreams mixed media canvas

                                                                                               
Hello my dear crafty friends I hope you haven’t missed me to much!!!!!! If you follow me on Facebook you may have seen I have not been feeling myself lately my depression seems to have raised its ugly head again and I have been struggling to keep on top of it if I’m honest.

Having said that I have been getting the urge to do some mixed media as I have been seeing some amazing work from other crafters creating stunning mixed media pieces.

I have only done a few canvas’ before 4 in fact, 2 for a friend  which were my very first 2 and they were quite basic and simple as it was a couple of years ago. Then I created a couple using digital images and handmade flowers, which were OK and again very simple but I wanted to make a REAL mixed media piece and I think I have done so with this piece.So a first in my eyes.

I started off with a basic idea I wanted to make a bird cage and a dream catcher (have not made either before both made from scratch using cardboard for the main bodies of both.

The  canvas has been covered with paper from the Belle Papillon collection from polkadoodles  and I have made tags and butterflies for the canvas using papers and embellishments from this collection also.

The rest if the embellishments are from my stash, including broken jewellery, cardboard and chipboard corners, it’s all been coloured with Distress Oxide inks and acrylic starlight paints.



I hope you like it and I will see you very soon with more makes honest





Happy Crafting

Jacki xx

11 comments:

missgailly said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You did a fantastic job on this mixed media project. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a fabulous project Jacki, you should be very proud of yourself.
Sorry to hear about the depression, it's such an awful thing, coming upon you without you realising, my thoughts are with you.
Faith
x

Tania said...

What a fabulous Mixed Media piece, lots of gorgeous details! Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog :)

Deepti Aggarwal said...

This is an awesome piece of art..Love all the details..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugsxx Deepti Aggarwal

Chris C said...

Your mixed media project is stunning!! Thanks so much for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

Special Thoughts said...

Hi Jacki. Oh my goodness, you are such a very talented lady. I am in AWE of your skills.
This is such an amazing piece of art which you should rightly be proud of. LOVE IT.
Love Sandra xxxxx

Inna Bronnikova said...

Your mixed media project is stunning!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Mixed Media World!

talkis23 said...

wow wow wow amazing project. Thanks for playing at Mmp Challenge this month.

olushka-design.blogspot.com said...

Amazing! Thank you for joining us at MMP challenge!

nadya-drozdova.blogpost.com said...

Very beautiful and interesting project! Thank you for joining us at MMP challenge!

nadya-drozdova.blogpost.com said...

And Thank you for joining us at MMP challenge!!!!